Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Locked In...


What a day! All of the kids had left the classroom and I happened to be walking past my desk when I heard my cell phone vibrate in my purse. I opened it and saw that it was Parker. A little strange because he knows I'm not done until at least 3:30pm, so I answered to see what he needed. He said that there was a problem at home... Jackson had shut his door (he's obsessed with closing doors, but usually ends up on the outside of them) and locked it! Unfortunately, there is no possible way to unlock the door from the outside... who invented these old door knobs?!?! I came right home and we decided the best thing to do was to drill around the door knob. Jackson was totally content inside of his bedroom until we started making noise with the drill, etc, then he became a little scared. When we finally got the door opened, we found him sitting right in front of it with his pacifier and puppy and a very tear-streaked face.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

So sad! Poor Jackson!!!

Tuita Family said...

Wow! What a story. Poor guy, I bet he was so scared! This will be one of those great stories to tell him when he gets older (although it probably was terrible while it was happening)!

Sarah Pugmire said...

That's so crazy! You'll definitely laugh about this one later down the road. Also, you got such cute pics from Maddie's birthday!

Tiffany said...

Ok, I hate to say this again... but time for a NEW POST!! I'm tired of looking at this one now!!! :) Now that you are moved and, can I call it "settled"?? I think you have PLENTY to talk about, and hopefully some cute pictures too!!! See you next weekend, by the way! Super excited!!!