Well, baby Kate threw me for a little bit of an emotional roller coaster last week at our doctor's appointment as she comfortably rested in a breech position. I was not looking forward to the idea of a C-section... especially for the recovery process that goes with that surgery. Today, my doctor reassured me (through encouraging words and an ultrasound) that Kate is not breech--her head is definitely down, although still "floating" a little, she is most certainly a girl (a good confirmation after all of the dreams I have had that the baby is born and is a boy), and finally that I am dilated 3 cm. Dr. Hendrickson said that she doesn't expect her to come in the next day or so, but also that consequent pregnancies usually go more quickly than first babies, so be prepared; she may come sooner than you expected. Hmm... well, I guess it's a good thing that we have moved (again) and have everything settled (food in the house, things put away, Jackson's room organized and mostly "baby-proofed", etc.) so that we are prepared regardless of whether she comes this weekend or August 11th (her due date).
I don't really have a picture to go with this post, which I am bummed about because I think that posts without pictures are VERY boring! What's the point of the blog if there aren't any pictures? I do have some of Jackson with his Daddy and Grandpa feeding some cows. I will try to load those ASAP, even though they're completely un-related.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
No longer breech & 3 cm dilated + Jackson's Cows
Posted by
PBJKLI Ussery
at
7:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Yea!!! You already called me with the news... but I thought I'd leave you a 'yea' comment anyway!!! Could be any day now!!!
I am so excited that she will be here any day! I need the new address or your mom's so I can send your stuff! I am so happy you don't have to have a c-section that would have been such a bummer. You are in my prayers, I hope everything goes quickly..very quickly and smoothly. Love you!
Post a Comment