Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sister Preparation 101

Jackson has been so funny lately... talking more (actual English words that we can understand), giving kisses on the mouth (he holds my cheeks with his hands and puckers up... pretty dang cute!), learning to unlock baby-proof gates (and collect all of the outlet plugs that are supposed to protect him).
We are house-sitting a home for a family with two young girls and a 1-year old boy. Needless to say, the playroom is filled with girl toys, so that's what Jackson plays with. He has no concept of gender-related colors yet (which makes his slightly-older cousin Maddie frustrated because he takes things that are pink and she knows if they are pink, they do NOT belong to Jackson because he is a BOY!).
Parker gets a little worried from time to time watching him push the baby doll around in the stroller. I just tell him that it's good preparation for being a dad someday and for learning to be gentle with his little sister.
I finally got a picture of him giving the baby a kiss... and pushing the stroller. (He's been doing it for days, but I couldn't ever catch him in the act with the camera.)

3 comments:

Brittney said...

he's going to be a great big brother!

Kylee said...

He is so cute and is going to be such a great big brother. I can't wait to see them interact together. I also love that parker worries about Jackson pushing the stroller around..I get a kick out of it.

Tiffany said...

Parker's face was pretty funny when I told him about all the pink "girl things" Jackson and Maddie were fighting over... the doll stroller, the princess beauty parlor, the pink bike... I could probably keep this list going!