WARNING: This will be another boring post without pictures. If you haven't noticed I removed Baby Kate's countdown because apparently it doesn't count negative days, it just starts counting days since the due date and it was starting to depress me (not really, but you understand). SO, it's been removed.
As for my almost completed 41 weeks doctor appointment... I am dilated 4 cm and looking very favorable; Kate's head is down (NOT breech), but still hasn't dropped (stinker!); more membranes stripped (this time "aggressively"--doctor's words, not mine); Kate is about 8 lbs right now, so I'm not worried about size. No real contractions that I can tell, but I didn't feel them with Jackson either until just before he was born, so who knows? Lots and lots of pressure, but I've been feeling that for a few weeks now, so it doesn't get my hopes up.
My doctor told me to call in/go in for any reason because it will get me in the door of the hospital where they will have to hook me up to the monitor and on the off-chance that I am contracting and just not feeling it, they will have to keep me. (She knows I'm anxious.) So... I have ANOTHER scheduled induction Saturday morning, bright and early. According to my doctor, they can't explain it, but the hospital is like a mad house right now. I think she was trying to tell me (in a nice way) don't be shocked if they aren't able to get you in!!! Ugh!!
Well, by next week I will officially be post date and they won't have a choice. (They already have a "backup" induction scheduled for Tuesday morning just in case.) Looking back I know this will all seem so trivial, but I feel like I'm living each day with the hope that she may come and try to prepare as much as I can. I worry about Jackson and don't want to leave him. I'm sure he'll be fine, but he is all I have to worry about right now, so it's all-consuming.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
41 week doctor appointment...
Posted by
PBJKLI Ussery
at
8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Hopefully Kate will come soon! Obviously she is happy and content where she's at!! :)
Post a Comment