Jackson tried his first "solid" food this week. He LOVED it! To be completely honest, I tried rice cereal almost 3 weeks ago, but didn't mix it with any "good" flavors, so he just let it all run out of his mouth, down his chin, and onto his very wet bib. However, I got a little bit smarter and bought a bunch of baby food - since he is no longer satisfied for more than 3 hours with his 6-7oz. bottles. Well, he loves peaches! They make a little bit of a mess since he is still trying to learn how to wait and let me put the spoon into his mouth BEFORE he starts to suck and slurp. But... we are learning together. It's pretty fun to watch him.
Jackson is getting so big! He continues to try to pull himself up on things, moves himself around in his "around-we-go" (usually while watching the Wiggles), and loves to be standing!! He is super strong. I have thought that for a while now, but don't all moms? However, so many people comment on it, including his doctor and nurses, that I am convinced it's true. Jackson is also very strong-willed! I can't imagine where he gets this from. ;-) He is usually very "well-behaved", has been sleeping through the night (for 8-10 hours) for about 6 weeks, and is pretty low maintenance. However, when he needs something and we take what he feels is "too long", he lets us know.

Other news from Jackson... he is teething! Boy, is this miserable. We feel so terrible when he cries the painful cry because there isn't a whole lot we can do for him. I just wish they'd hurry up and come through so that he didn't have to feel the pain anymore. Even still, he has been a little trooper. (Thank goodness for teething tablets and Orajel swabs!)
Finally, today he rolled over on his own from back to tummy (go figure that he would do it "backwards"). I was fixing dinner in the other room and heard him start to fuss. When I went in to see what he needed, he had rolled over from his back (which is the position I had left him in) to his stomach and was not a happy camper! He probably thought I was a nut for being so excited.
We are so grateful to have Jackson in our family! He is such a blessing and we are enjoying every minute with him.
We are so grateful to have Jackson in our family! He is such a blessing and we are enjoying every minute with him.










No comments:
Post a Comment