I ordered this bed back in April, but we kept it in the box until now because it was one less piece of furniture that we (okay, Parker) had to move during our 3 moves so far this summer (5 weeks). Luckily, we will be here (our current location) for the next 5-6 weeks... ideally enough time for me to recover and help Parker a little for the final move of the summer before we pack up to go back home.
That being said, this seemed like a good time to set up Jackson's toddler bed... especially because we are going to need the port-a-crib that he is currently sleeping in for Kate when she arrives.
I don't think there are words to describe how excited Jackson was about his new bed... and he did "help" me put it together, which was quite an accomplishment for an 18-month old! However, nighttime came and he was a little less sure.
I think being in a strange/new place and having the bedroom door close and there you are in a new bed was a little scary. So, we put him back in the port-a-crib and he slept soundly for his usual 9 hours. We will try again each night. I think eventually he will get used to it, but I don't want to force it on him.
He is young still and will soon have to cope with the idea of having a baby around 24/7 taking attention away from him. He is so young, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a clue that she's coming. However, he has definitely sensed that things are changing as we go shopping and bring new things into the house and sew blankets and burp cloths, etc. Parker and I try to talk about Baby Kate as much as we can and I point out babies as we run into them or see them on TV. We will see what happens when she gets here!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Big Boy Bed...
Posted by
PBJKLI Ussery
at
11:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
I love the bed! I still have Maddie in her crib. She has climbed out of porta-cribs quite a few times, but never out of her crib. I'm not sure when a good time is to start her in her new bed. Maybe after we move??? She actually listens to me when I tell her not to climb out of the porta-crib now and will lay back down and go to sleep. It's kind of funny! Keep me posted on how he does!
That is such a cute bed! Where did you order it from, not that Greg is anywhere close to needing one, but I can keep it tucked away in my head.
He is getting so big. Isn't it amazing how much they change. Greg is the same age Jackson was when he was born and I remember thinking Jackson was so big and now my baby is that big! I love this stage though. But he has changed so much in the two months have that we have been at my parents. He could barely roll when we got here, and now he is trying to walk!
Oh we found a place to live, so I won't need to use your place. BUT, we won't have a washer and dryer until September, so I thought maybe I could do my laundry at your house? That way I don't have to wait for my mom to do hers and rush her. Let me know.
Think of you daily. Love you guys!
He is such a little cutie! I love the first picture of him sitting up smiling...of course the shirt he is wearing is so appropriate!
Post a Comment